Menu

Zaner-Bloser Handwriting Kindergarten

bttrflyvld

What exactly do you purchase? For homeschooling purpose is it just the Kindergarten Student Edition

or do I have to buy the

Kindergarten Teacher Edition?

I can afford $10.99 but not $98.

Also would this handwriting program work fine for a left handed child? I've seen some out there that are specifically for left handers, but I'd like to buy one that can also be used for my right handed child in a couple of years.

What exactly do you purchase? For homeschooling purpose is it just the Kindergarten Student Edition

or do I have to buy the

Kindergarten Teacher Edition?

I can afford $10.99 but not $98.

Also would this handwriting program work fine for a left handed child? I've seen some out there that are specifically for left handers, but I'd like to buy one that can also be used for my right handed child in a couple of years.

That is the book I got, you do NOT need the Teacher's book. I also got the Kindergarten paper for extra practice. I know at the beginning there is a part about writing positions for lefties as well as righties. Other than that I believe they are suppose to write the letters the same way.

This is a consumable book. It is full color on all pages and I don't think it would look very good in grayscale. It would probably be cheaper just to buy a new one when your next kid is ready.

Left handed people cross their t and f and letters with horizontal lines opposite of right handed people. We pull the pen to the left instead of the right. The main thing to make sure your lefty does not hook their hand. The style of writing and curriculum doesn't really matter, but there is some helpful strategies out there.

http://handedness.org/action/leftwrite.html

That is the book I got, you do NOT need the Teacher's book. I also got the Kindergarten paper for extra practice. I know at the beginning there is a part about writing positions for lefties as well as righties. Other than that I believe they are suppose to write the letters the same way.

This is a consumable book. It is full color on all pages and I don't think it would look very good in grayscale. It would probably be cheaper just to buy a new one when your next kid is ready.

that's a good point. If I only have to buy the cheap one I would just buy her her own. Thanks for pointing that out.

Left handed people cross their t and f and letters with horizontal lines opposite of right handed people. We pull the pen to the left instead of the right. The main thing to make sure your lefty does not hook their hand. The style of writing and curriculum doesn't really matter, but there is some helpful strategies out there.

http://handedness.org/action/leftwrite.html

Thanks for the link. Since I'm Right handed I have been sure how to teach her.

.. just chiming in that the student book is sufficient! Also, you can find on Zaner-Bloser's website a free/sample version of their manuscript software, which lets you print out pages for copying or tracing in their font. You can't save your worksheets on the free version, but you can make as many as you want.