Menu

WWE 2 ???

brill123

I don't remember any dictation in WWE 1, I think it all starts in 2 (am I just forgetting?). Also, WWE 1 really only asks for a one-sentence narration- anything that happened in the passage. WWE 2 goes more into narration, starting with summarizing the main idea in a few sentences and then moving to summarizing the plot by the end of the workbook. There is copywork and dictation in the beginning, moves to entirely dictation by the end. Day four is always two pages- one for narration (parent writes) and one for dictation.

HTH. I haven't used anything above Level 2 yet so can't tell you whether it would work for you. I think you can see samples of each level here:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/store/language-arts/writing/writing-elementary.html

WWE2 is where you move from copywork to dictation, beginning with studied dictation (copy it on day 2, write it from dictation on day 3) and then fading out the copywork experience.

In WWE2 you also move from simple "tell me one thing you remember" narrations to learning how to actually summarize a passage, including the main points.