Menu

Apple Time Capsule?

I got an Apple router today (Airport Extreme) but we need a back up hard drive as well.

When I got home I looked those up and realized the only ones Apple sells are all in one, combined Airport Extreme and external hard drive.

Do you have this? Do you recommend it? Is there another hard drive (separate) that is just as easy to use?

I called Apple and they said I can return it within 30 days and get the Time Capsule instead.

Need to hear from those of you with one.

Dawn

We have the time capsule. I don't pay any attention to it-it just does it thing. I don't find it to bad to get stuff off of. DH bought and set it up so I don't know of any others but I like it.

I could have written the above. :)

What I love about Apple products is that they work so smoothly together. No fussing necessary. They just do their thing.

Dh is just worried it will crash or that the wifi will go out but the other won't or vice versa.

Dh is NOT an Apple fan. I am, but I see his point. I bought the Applecare for my laptop and so far I have needed a new battery, a new hard drive (lost some things too!) and a new charger.

I have ordered the Time Machine from Apple.com and once it comes I will return the other and return the unopened hard drive I purchased at Costco.

Dawn