Menu

saxon question

hsmom

Do I need to purchase the student workbooks to go with the text books?

I already have the textbook, tests, homeschool packet (answer key). So, do I need to purchase the workbook also? Or is this program alright without it?

Also do I need to purchase the teacher edition?

thank you for any help.

What level(s) are you using? It sounds like you have everything.

I already have the textbook, tests, homeschool packet (answer key). So, do I need to purchase the workbook also? Or is this program alright without it?

thank you for any help.

I have a few levels actually, for this year and the next few. 5/4, 6/5, 7/5, 8/7, and alg. 1/2. I looked up on their site and it states a student workbook along with the other stuff.

Also any recommendation on where to get cheap teacher editions?

I think you have all you need. The newer editions have the student workbooks and, it is my understanding that they replaced the hardback textbooks. When they changed over, I actually bought the textbooks used and ordered the packet with the answers.

I have not found a teacher edition necessary. I do have the "Solutions Manual" for Alg 1/2, which shows how the problems are worked out. Since math is my favorite subject, I haven't really used it much. I guess it would depend on your own level to decide if you need to spend extra $ on the solutions manual.

thank you for any help.

You need three books to have the complete workable Saxon system (for the levels above K-3).

1. Textbook-gives the entire lesson

2. Tests and Worksheets-gives the timed tests, lesson tests, worksheets necessary to complete the investigations

3. Solutions Manual-gives a detailed answer with all work shown. I'd only skip getting this if you are a cerfied math teacher

I have a few levels actually, for this year and the next few. 5/4, 6/5, 7/5, 8/7, and alg. 1/2. I looked up on their site and it states a student workbook along with the other stuff.

Also any recommendation on where to get cheap teacher editions?

www.cheapbooks.com

I've also had great luck finding good quality used Saxon books at eBay. Even if I have to buy the Tests & Worksheets new, I can get the rest of the books dirt cheap at ebay.

Also check www.rainbowresource.com