Menu

Best place to buy Real Science 4 Kids?

kailuamom

Just received it in the mail today! I was so excited! I don't know if it was the best price, but I was able to order all of the components in one shot, so I went ahead and did it.

FWIW, it's RS4K Physics (Gr.4),and I am pleased with the way it looks! i never actually had my hands on it, so I was worried it would be - well, not what I expected (as happens some times). It looks very manageable, but still serious enough. (If that makes any sense!) I ordered all 4 pieces - the student textbook, student workbook, teacher manual, and the awesome "connects" workbook which connects many of the technical words to their Latin and Greeks roots (it is workbook style). I was very excited!

HTH and GL! Which one are you doing?

-Stacey in MA

Just received it in the mail today! I was so excited! I don't know if it was the best price, but I was able to order all of the components in one shot, so I went ahead and did it.

FWIW, it's RS4K Physics (Gr.4),and I am pleased with the way it looks! i never actually had my hands on it, so I was worried it would be - well, not what I expected (as happens some times). It looks very manageable, but still serious enough. (If that makes any sense!) I ordered all 4 pieces - the student textbook, student workbook, teacher manual, and the awesome "connects" workbook which connects many of the technical words to their Latin and Greeks roots (it is workbook style). I was very excited!

HTH and GL! Which one are you doing?

-Stacey in MA

I completely understand about the "serious" enough requirement. I want it to be kid-friendly, but not dumbed down, so to speak.

We are going to shoot for Chemistry Level 1. I am hoping to use it for my 8 yo and 11 yo together, with the 5 yo listening along.

Good luck to you, too! Thanks for the input!

I ordered part from Rainbow Resource-

www.rainbowresource.com/prodlist.php?sid=1215141891-1284492&subject=11&category=2729

and part from Amazon. I was making a RR order anyways so I had free shipping. I only bought the student text and workbook because I think it's all pretty expensive.

I agree -- I was debating what all I needed.

Thanks!

Got our student book from Amazon (last year). That's the only thing I wanted.

Checking just now:

$19.77 at Amazon; $24.25 at RR - student text

$21.95 at Amazon; $17.75 at RR - lab workbook

(All for Chem Level 1, which is what you want)

Even if you had free shipping at RR, Amazon is cheaper (because with the two books, you qualify for free shipping) -- unless Amazon changes its prices (which it sometimes does). Those are the only two placed I shopped for my order.

Have you considered purchasing just the teacher's manual? I think that it includes the entire student text and the experiments as well as notes for the teacher. You might be able to get away with just that, which is $26.95 at amazon ($21.75 at RR).

If you love RS4K, the combined teacher's manual (for all 3 subjects at Level 1) seems to be substantially cheaper at Amazon rather than at RR.