Menu

Vegan veggie burger recipes? Anyone?

I use flax seed to hold them together. I use more of a method then exact recipe:

equal parts lentils and grain. I like quinoa and the french green lentils. 1 cup of each is a good amount. I start the lentils, then go by the cook time and put the quinoa in so they are done at the same time. Drain well.

Saute one onion, 1 or 2 ribs celery, 1 large or a few small carrots. Once soft add 1 lb mushrooms and saute until soft. ADd a pinch of chili flakes and couple cloves of smashed garlic and saute a minute. 2 Tblsp tamari or low sodium soy sauce, tblsp tomato paste, and lots of fresh cracked pepper. Throw everything in the food processor with 1/4 flax, then shape in to patties. If you chill the mix first it is much easier to work with. I like to pat them in panko crumbs before frying, or bake on an oiled cookie sheet at 450 for a nice crunch

I make all kinds of burgers. Sometimes I use black beans instead of lentils and season with cumin, and coriander, or Italian seasonings with cannellini beans

Edited by 425lisamarie

I use flax seed to hold them together. I use more of a method then exact recipe:

equal parts lentils and grain. I like quinoa and the french green lentils. 1 cup of each is a good amount. I start the lentils, then go by the cook time and put the quinoa in so they are done at the same time. Drain well.

Saute one onion, 1 or 2 ribs celery, 1 large or a few small carrots. Once soft add 1 lb mushrooms and saute until soft. ADd a pinch of chili flakes and couple cloves of smashed garlic and saute a minute. 2 Tblsp tamari or low sodium soy sauce, tblsp tomato paste, and lots of fresh cracked pepper. Throw everything in the food processor with 1/4 flax, then shape in to patties. If you chill the mix first it is much easier to work with. I like to pat them in panko crumbs before frying, or bake on an oiled cookie sheet at 450 for a nice crunch

That looks great and we could use a new way to use lentils, too. Thanks!

I made this the other night but I wouldn't really call it a burger recipe (although the blog does.) They were really good but fairly crumbly. The "burgers" tasted a lot like falafel, so I think the next time I make them I will use pita bread instead of buns. I would still recommend it though, as I am a sucker for anything with fresh sage.