Menu

What is the backbone to your studies?

ALB

Which subject is the backbone of your homeschool?  

1. 1. Which subject is the backbone of your homeschool?

• Latin
    • History
    • Science/ STEM focus
    • Literature

Our spine is definitely history and I LOVE that. It helps me so much to know how to do everything else. History easily corresponds with geography. All our literature corresponds to where we are in history. And TWTM helped me line up science with history as well. Math is separate currently but when the kiddos are older I think it will line up better. Language arts is skill dependent and separate from history. We are doing good to get LA, history/literature, reading to mom, and math done in a day. My goal is to get more science, art, and music history in.

I see your point. I completely agree that most of us want our kids to have a very balanced education! I was just wondering what most people use to organize their studies, if that makes sense. For example, do people choose lit based on a history time period, or on their science topic, or do people choose science/ history because of the literature they are reading? I know its equally important to cover all these subjects, and that most of us would agree that nothing else compares to the necessity of the 3 R's (and Bible for some) in the younger years. I'm just curious about how everyone approaches the content subjects in different ways.

Ah, I think I understand more now. I think for me it is geography.