Menu

Computer based grammar?

Jennifer L

Something like TT or VP Self paced courses..

I'm looking for something to get my 8yo (rising 3rd grader) interested in grammar if possible. ;) He loves TT and he enjoyed the sample of VP Self paced course too.

So I was thinking of getting a computer based/interactive program? Is it out there?

• 10 months later...

I don't really think this is 3rd grade level (I haven't researched it TONS yet), but it did catch my eye today:

http://www.grammaropolis.com/

maybe it would be fun? It's $20 for a year subscription right now at the Homeschool Buyers Coop

Thanks for posting about this. Looks great! I just checked at HSBC and it's not for a year....it's a "forever passport" for $19.99. :thumbup:

There is Grammarlogues, but it is for grades 6-12, and it is definitely tough-- I would give it to a fairly motivated kid, as the navigation is a little difficult, and the sentences chosen (all from real literature) are generally quite challenging. Rather than MCT where the practice sentences vary from straightforward to kind fo average to evaluate, the Grammarloges sentences can be real puzzlers (andI think they just left Homeschool Buyer's Coop-- were they on the list of vendors who left forever?).

We have used GrammarKey...mostly as a supplement. But I suspect it could stand alone for motivated 5-8th as a 2-3 days a week program.

They read the lesson and then work sample sentences; labeling all the parts of speech in the sentence.

I think the program even keeps track of each student's progress.