Menu

Has anyone done SL E with either some of TOG or WP

woolybear

I got a SL E ig pretty cheap and I'm thinking of using that as a starting point. I also like a lot of WP American Cultures. I'm wondering if any of you have done this and maybe have a schedule or some thoughts on this. Also interested to hear about any blending SL and TOG.

tia.

Last year we did WP.

This year we're doing SL.

I'd love to be able to do both at the same time, but if you have to purchase them both I think it would be a tad too pricey.

I am, however, adding in WP books here & there as they fit & we have time. :)

Thank you for answering. Yes, it would definitely be too pricey to buy both programs new. what I am thinking at this point....I am starting with SL because I have it. I think in a month or so, I will buy some of the WP exclusives to go along with this and get some of the WP books from the library. I don't use all of the SL books, so I don't think it will be too much. I am a bit tempted by TOG. Again, I may just add in some of the books.

Did you ask this on the SL board? I've been kinda out of it the past two weeks due to a death in my family. Anyway.. I answered this on the SL boards a little more in depth.

FWIW, though, I don't think WP really has heaps of exclusives for the 2nd half of US history unless you want the "make your own" newspaper/magazine. Instead you could:

• Obtain the literature called for with WP {we did that & I mentioned on the other board when/where I worked some of it in}
  • Obtain the WP Timeline {because honestly it's totally awesome & way better then The Book Of Time imho}
  • Use HSITW Time Traveler cds along with Core E

This is what we're doing. It gives my kids a bit of hands on that's preplanned for me. We get all the literature we need/want, & most of it is prescheduled {Sl}. As for the WP Literature. I didn't get EVERY book for it, but I did get the ones that I knew we'd most love. The Gold & Slavery books we did while we awaited our arrival of Core E. The Civil War ones we are using now because we're still in Civil War times with Core E. The others I will fit in as we do them.