Menu

RS math/games?

Lisa in SC

A lot of them are scheduled, but there are many more in the book. We played all the games as scheduled and didn't branch out to playing any more games until book C. Then I would just flip through the game book while my child was working on the review lesson. I didn't schedule anything ahead of time. Because we did it this way, we missed some of the easy games (they are listed in order of difficulty), but we still got to enough of them.

Ok, this is helpful to know in advance. Thanks!

Does anyone know if there is a schedule of games anywhere? I've searched the boards and googled, but have come up with nothing. I guess I may need to make up a schedule myself. :D Thanks again!

I felt like the games were not nearly scheduled enough in RS A or B, honestly. They'd have one every once in awhile, and I would do them at that time, but it wasn't that often. Then I'd come here & read posts about how often other people were playing these games and think "huh - I would have done them more if they'd scheduled them more...". :)

I felt like the games were not nearly scheduled enough in RS A or B, honestly. They'd have one every once in awhile, and I would do them at that time, but it wasn't that often. Then I'd come here & read posts about how often other people were playing these games and think "huh - I would have done them more if they'd scheduled them more...". :)

I agree. I'm finding I need to be on top of it and looking through the game book for more games. DS begs for new math games. He could spend hours a day playing them and they are working amazingly well. He knows his 10 facts extremely well through nothing but playing games.

All of this information is so helpful! I just received RS along with the rest of my youngest's materials and need to prioritize which items need the most of my time. It seems that RS is at the top of the list now. I'm also happy to hear how well the games work. I'm looking forward to the program. I know it's much more time-consuming than other options, but it seems to really fit ds' learning style, so I don't mind. Thank you all for your input! :001_smile:

All of this information is so helpful! I just received RS along with the rest of my youngest's materials and need to prioritize which items need the most of my time. It seems that RS is at the top of the list now. I'm also happy to hear how well the games work. I'm looking forward to the program. I know it's much more time-consuming than other options, but it seems to really fit ds' learning style, so I don't mind. Thank you all for your input! :001_smile:

If you start to lose the RS love, look at the purple book to use along with the games as a supplement to another more open-and-go curriculum. I don't have these items yet, but I'm told they are good. I came VERY close to buying RS level B, but bought Professor B instead with the intent of SUPPLEMENTING with the RS Purple book and games. There were too many stories of children ending out with LESS mastery instead of more, because of mom getting distracted from the "great" parts, by getting bogged down in the "good" parts included in the main curriculum.