Menu

If you supplement Singapore Math w/LOF (Fractions+)...

Element

can you tell me a little bit about it?

Do you use Fractions with 4A (or 3B?) and Decimals with 4B? Or does Decimals work better along with 5A? Do you wait until you finish a Singapore book and then do LOF before beginning the next SM book, or do you use both programs concurrently?

Is LOF self-teaching? Would a student who loves to read but doesn't particularly love independent math work enjoy it?

Is it truly beneficial to add LOF if SM is going well?

We started Fractions alongside 4B. It is self-teaching. My son loves it. We haven't finished it yet because we got Beast Academy also. :tongue_smilie:

I haven't seen Decimals yet, so I don't know what is required for that. Singapore does decimals in the first unit of 4B, and it's just 4 operations, with multiplication and division by whole numbers.

We did Fractions with SM4 and Decimals with SM5. I think it went along well. I think it's better if SM introduces the topic and LOF approaches it again with a twist. I think it would be tricky to understand some topics if introduced to them for the first time with LOF (at least the Fractions/Decimals/Percents topics).