Menu

Are there answer keys to CWP?

I have the new and they're in the back... but it sounds like they've always been? There must be some version where they're not.

Maybe post the questions and someone will answer it? Though if it were me, I think I'd be too embarrassed. Which is not to say that I would get them all... just that I'd be mortified at myself.

I have the new and they're in the back... but it sounds like they've always been? There must be some version where they're not.

Maybe post the questions and someone will answer it? Though if it were me, I think I'd be too embarrassed. Which is not to say that I would get them all... just that I'd be mortified at myself.

I have the old version.

I also have a masters in math education and still need to get help on some of the problems. No mortification here. :D

The answers are in the back...old version...but no work.

For instance, I had to look up one of the CWP 5 problems last weekend. I'd have solved the problem with a matrix (system of equations). That's not how my son would solve it. I did a google search and found someone had posted the question here earlier, so I got the explanation.

I have taught math at the cc for over a decade. Starting at CWP 3, there are some problems that I know my students would have difficulty solving.

I love the type of problems in CWP (and IP...although I like CWP for word problems more).

To the OP, the Singapore forums do have help, but also check here...or type the problem into google and see what's out there. I've found their method really interesting and think it does a great job of setting up the transition to algebra. It's definitely a different approach!

I have the old version.

I also have a masters in math education and still need to get help on some of the problems. No mortification here. :D

The answers are in the back...old version...but no work.

For instance, I had to look up one of the CWP 5 problems last weekend. I'd have solved the problem with a matrix (system of equations). That's not how my son would solve it. I did a google search and found someone had posted the question here earlier, so I got the explanation.

I have taught math at the cc for over a decade. Starting at CWP 3, there are some problems that I know my students would have difficulty solving.

I love the type of problems in CWP (and IP...although I like CWP for word problems more).

To the OP, the Singapore forums do have help, but also check here...or type the problem into google and see what's out there. I've found their method really interesting and think it does a great job of setting up the transition to algebra. It's definitely a different approach!

Yes, only answers not solutions. It's hard for me to wrap my head around how to solve them the Singapore way instead of using algebra sometimes too.

New version doesn't have solutions for everything, but they will often throw in a picture of the bar diagram setup, which helps immensely.

Definitely don't feel embarrassed to ask how to do specific Singapore problems! The bar models take some getting used to, especially when you already know algebra. Sometimes the bar models are quicker and easier than algebra. :)

Yes, the answers are in the back on mine, :banghead::cursing: I guess I just never thought to look because who puts the answer to a workbook in the back of the workbook?????

I would however LOVE a solutions manual or a teacher's guide! Some of the problems are hard for me to wrap my brain around. Blame it on my bad education!

I would however LOVE a solutions manual or a teacher's guide! Some of the problems are hard for me to wrap my brain around. Blame it on my bad education!

Make sure you go through the example problems at the beginning of each section! That's how I've learned to use the bar models. Usually, the problems in the section are similar to the example problems OR they're similar to ones you've already done in the book.

You may already be doing that, but I've seen people post that they were confused, and they actually hadn't looked at the example problems yet - some didn't even know they were there. :D

But usually the tricky ones will at least have enough of the solution in the back that you can figure it out. The easier ones will just have the answer.

Thank you, Dana. :) You're always useful for math help, and apparently to feel less embarrassed that we might need it. We've done CWP 1 and partway through CWP 2 and there have been a few that made me stop and have to think and check the solution to be sure, but so far not stumped yet. I know it's coming though...

Thank you, Dana. :) You're always useful for math help, and apparently to feel less embarrassed that we might need it. We've done CWP 1 and partway through CWP 2 and there have been a few that made me stop and have to think and check the solution to be sure, but so far not stumped yet. I know it's coming though...

I don't see any reason to feel shame about not knowing something if there's an interest in learning. I do wish more people would feel embarrassed about not caring to learn. :glare:

I've started working solutions to CWP at level 3 since I want to be able to explain how to do the problems to my son and just the answer in the back isn't enough for me to show where he may have gone awry.

It was cool last week that he soved a problem in a different way than I did. :D

And some of the problems have stumped me. I think it just means that my son will have a phenomenal math foundation. Yea!