Menu

What school work do you save from year to year?

I've pretty much saved everything, but then I only have 2 kids. If I had 5 times the schoolwork hanging around, I'd be tempted to toss too. I think I've heard just a sample representation would be good enough for the younger kids. Anything that could qualify for credits on a high school transcript I'd keep for now. For math - tests only, not daily problems.

So far I have kept one two-pocket folder for each child for each year. So far I have kept math tests, samples of writing projects, history timelines and a few maps. I let them choose a page or two from each subject that they want to keep. I'm sure I will reevaluate what to keep as their work becomes harder, but for now it's just a sampling of what we've learned.

I used to save EVERYTHING. Now I only save "special projects", science lapbooking things that I know the kids will like to look back on a few years later, samplings from their penmanship through-out the year..I save 4 pages, some neat poems and other special things, and I take pictures of the kids projects that are too big or gross to keep and we put the pictures in our "homeschool" album!

I just went through stuff yesterday and today! I threw out ALOT. I only saved 1/4 of what I had and I'm ok with it.