Menu

"What do women really think?" (take 2)

Lingerie - love it, hate it, or other  

1. 1. Lingerie - love it, hate it, or other

• Love it! Never feel s*xier than when wearing it!
    • Eh, it's OK. Get's the job done, I guess.
    • What sane woman would want to wear it??
    • Popcorn, please!

I must be getting old.

When I was young slip of a girl (ha) lingerie just meant 'underwear.' I read the whole thread to find out why so many were saying they never wear lingerie and have no use for it.

Bras, panties, camisoles, slips, teddies, etc. = lingerie. A nightgown is a nightgown, whether flannel or silk.

Miss Manners agrees with me. :tongue_smilie: She said in a column once that she liked to shock the clerks in high-end department stores by refusing to use silly French words for utilitarian items and asking for the underwear department instead.

JCPenney agrees with me, too: link to lingerie department (it's just underwear)

I voted what sane woman would want to wear it but if I really stop to think about it.....in my 20's I loved lingerie. Not the uncomfortable merry widows but the satin nightgowns and teddys were nice.

Now, I am all about comfort. I don't want to bother with it. I am tired and I just want to go to bed in my comfy jammies.

That said, dh certainly prefers when I make the effort for the sexy nightie instead of what he calls "my armor" of flannel shirt and sweatpants in the colder months.