Menu

Bathroom reading

Every time I go to the teaching supply store I see all these cool posters w/ useful info that I would love to buy. Problem is, our classroom has almost no empty wall-space due to windows, bookcases, etc. Then it occurred to me that there is one place where those sorts of posters might be really useful... the bathroom! Might as well have those kids multi-tasking in there, right!;)

I bought a poster on Geography terms and hung it on the wall opposite the toilet. And it worked! Dds now know the difference between a butte and a plateau, an atoll and an island, etc. Of course some odd conversations were overheard during toothbrushing time, "Why do they call it a rainforest when they only drew 12 trees?" (said through a mouthful of toothpaste!).

I switched the poster out today for the first of a series on the branches of government. I figure 4-6 weeks per poster should be enough time for the info to become rote. Just thought I'd pass the idea along.