Menu

latin reader/translation with LfC B

What if we switched completely to Latin Prep? I have been reading and that seems to have very good grammar instruction in addition to translating and English derivatives.

Ugh! I am so frustrated right now. DD is on lesson 23 of LfC A and has been doing the whole shebang, DVD, workbook, activity book, and cd. She is not picking up on anything but vocabulary. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Ugh! I am so frustrated right now. DD is on lesson 23 of LfC A and has been doing the whole shebang, DVD, workbook, activity book, and cd. She is not picking up on anything but vocabulary. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

We may be a few lessons behind you in LfC A.

I'm doing the work alongside my son, so I think it helps when he sees how I study to learn the material and how I takle the translations. Then I'm able to point out exactly what I'm doing and he can see how and why we do all the memorization.

Of course, we haven't done Latin in a while and when I came across "Cum tacent clamant" in CE2 and pointed it out, he'd completely forgotten it. So we'll be talking more about the difference between short term and long term memory.

There are free worksheets on the website for conjugating verbs and declining nouns. Once we started doing those, I noticed that things made more sense to dd. I don't think I will get the activity book next year. Some of the exercises are fun, but I don't think it does much to cement the information. I will probably find free worksheets or make some myself with B.