Menu

EPGY Writing

So we are now signed up for EPGY and we love it already! DS was playing around with it a bit today, trying out the different courses. He's excited to get started with Algebra, LOL!

We signed up specifically for the math, but I see we have access to the writing course as well. We tried it and it appears to talk about paragraphs, parts of speech and sentence, etc. (At least at the level it's currently showing.)

Does anyone use this? I hadn't really seen many comments about it. If you've used it, I'm wondering what else is in the course as you go along. Is it all grammar and writing?? Does it teach diagramming?

We have decided not to use the entire MCT package next year. We're getting Grammar Town just because DS wanted to read it, and we will use Caesar's English. We'll also do WWE exercises (have the text and will use them across the curriculum). Would EPGY be a good supplement to these other pieces? I was thinking perhaps it would let DS move at his own pace a bit.

Thoughts appreciated... thanks!! :)

We've only recently signed up to EPGY (also because of the math) and my son's had a play with the Language Arts section only a few times. It seems like it would be a good supplement. I wouldn't use it as a core but we'll go ahead and use it 2-3 times a week I think and see how we get on with it.

We've been using it (both math and writing) for nearly a year now. We are one 5th grade language. I think the program does a decent job teaching grammar rules and sentence/ paragraph structure. I would still encourage another program to encourage more actual writing. I feel the math could be used more as a stand alone versus the language. My daughter still requires more application practice (she can answer the questions online but may not always include them when writing on her own). Something like EPGY language used along with WWE for the physical writing piece is very doable. Good Luck!