Menu

ok, LOVE my roomba. Anyone have a scooba?

I seem to be finding that the reviews on the Scooba are not as good. And I don't NEED a scooba at this point...the floors stay sooooooo much cleaner with the roomba that my steam mop once a week does most of the job, and I can do a quick damp mop with a swiffer on the tile in the entry/dining way in between. But sometimes, as I see HOW WELL the roomba works I wonder....would the scooba be just as life changing?

Now I want 1 [or 2] of each. :/ Hmmmmm.... Father's day is coming up, and my hubby loooooves robots. Maybe..... LOL

LOL, the roomba was my mother's day request. I can honestly say that it is my favorite family member. I'd give up an organ to keep it if I had to. Now, we only have hard floors, so I can't vouch for it on carpet (other than bathmats). Also, to understand my intense love, you need to know that I have 3 large hairy dogs, 2 cats, a 12 year old boy that seems to roll in dirt and track it in 10 times a day, and a 2 year old that delights in throwing food off the highchair. This is the first time in my life that I would not be embarrassed if someone stopped in and saw my floors. It even cleans under the furniture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

We use it on laminate. They are just CYA with the no laminate thing. Honestly, if you can mop your laminate then you should be able to scooba your laminate. The scooba leaves less water on the floor than a mop.

We have a combo of laminate and hardwood floors and we love our scooba. We hardly ever use it, because it's kind of a chore to get everything out of it's way, but I like it when we bother.

Tell me more! We have a combo. of hardwood floor & tile in out greatroom area, and that is what I really need the roomba for. We now have 2 cats and a dog, and the dust and hair is maddening! We really need to vacuum daily (which we don't) or it is awful.

How well does the roomba work under couches & other furniture; that's my main concern.

Tell me more! We have a combo. of hardwood floor & tile in out greatroom area, and that is what I really need the roomba for. We now have 2 cats and a dog, and the dust and hair is maddening! We really need to vacuum daily (which we don't) or it is awful.

How well does the roomba work under couches & other furniture; that's my main concern.

It works REALLY well under furniture. It vacuums under my couch and chairs and ottoman every day. It doesn't fit under the other ottoman, but since I use it daily I just make sure to move that ottoman each day, so it gets it eventually. Also goes under all the beds, dressers, etc.

Our house is mostly hardwood, but the planks aren't sealed well and there are gaps between some of them. I do mop them occasionally with one of those spritzer mops with a flat cloth pad, but not with a bucket and string mop. Do you think the Scooba could damage my floors?

We have 2 cats that shed and track litter, and 2 boys that track in mud and eat messily, plus I shed like crazy. I SHOULD vacuum daily, but I don't. :/