Menu

TOG vs MFW

~Tara~

Tara, I cannot speak for TOG b/c I've only heard second-hand what the program is like. I'm intrigued, but at this point in my homeschooling career, I'm just not brave enough! I need simplicity and MFW gives me that. We are doing MFW ECC next year and I've looked thoroughly through the TM and am loving it! VERY well laid out, lots of great books suggestions (and my library has most of them!), Bible is included as well as Science and the best part is my planning will be kept to a minimum b/c MFW has done it for me! If you like that...you'll love MFW. The math and LA suggestions given my the author's of MFW are great, but they are just suggestions. That being said...when my dd reaches high school I might look into TOG b/c I've heard it said that TOG is great for high school. Then again...MFW just came out w/ a high school program that looks great, too, and is designed for the student to do it mostly independently! For me...that is terrific.

I'm sure you'll get lots of reviews for TOG as well! Good luck choosing.