Menu

Has anyone used Destinos Spanish? I have questions..

I read in Debra Bell's book about Destinos Spanish. But I can't figure out what exactly I would need to buy (textbook-wise) to use this course. Can anyone explain to me how it works?

Thanks!

We tried to use Destinos this year. It was a lot of work for me to keep my Spanish knowledge ahead of what my dd was going to be learning next. I did think it was really good and pretty fun too. The videos are online for free and the books/CDs you want do need to match.

There is a section in the book that is covered before the telenova is watched, then there is work in the textbook and in the student workbook. There is also additional practice available online (free). The other part I felt was lacking was interaction with a group to practice speaking. We did talk to each other for the oral work, but somehow it still seemed inadequate (IMO).

Here is the ad I have for this on homeschoolclassifieds which is still available if you are interested, but you can also just use it to see what you need to have a complete set.

This includes The Second Edition of the Alternate Edition Textbook, Listening Comprehension CD program for the Second Edition of the Alternate Edition (7 CDs), and Student Edition CD program for the Second Edition of the Alternate Edition (7 Audio CDs). The video telenovas are online, available for FREE. All you need is the workbook.