Menu

Art?

5 Hikers

My oldest cannot draw and doesn't like art, but neither do I so I never have forced it. He takes piano lessons, so that is fine with me.

My middle child, 7, loves art. He draws really well. My dd4 can watercolor way better than anyone I know. She stays in the lines in watercolor books with different colors for different parts. Like for a person they might have yellow hair, pink skin, and a purple dress. She has quite a talent with paints.

What program would work best for them? I'd like to combine if possible. I also need something that doesn't require any skills from me, I cannot cut in a straight line even.

Thanks!

They have done Artisitc Pursuits k-3 book 1, Little Annie, Preschool Art and Little Hands Art book.

My oldest cannot draw and doesn't like art, but neither do I so I never have forced it. He takes piano lessons, so that is fine with me.

My middle child, 7, loves art. He draws really well. My dd4 can watercolor way better than anyone I know. She stays in the lines in watercolor books with different colors for different parts. Like for a person they might have yellow hair, pink skin, and a purple dress. She has quite a talent with paints.

What program would work best for them? I'd like to combine if possible. I also need something that doesn't require any skills from me, I cannot cut in a straight line even.

Thanks!

They have done Artisitc Pursuits k-3 book 1, Little Annie, Preschool Art and Little Hands Art book.

You don't have to be able to draw a straight line to learn how to use different mediums, understand perspective and be able to use it, and so on. :-)

Art With a Purpose is inexpensive and not at all fancy, but it does teach all those artsy things. You could buy one ArtPac for each child, and one of each for you (so you can do the projects before helping your dc do them), and see how it goes. You can find Art With a Purpose at Rainbow Resource, Shekinah Curriculum Cellar, and other suppliers.

You don't have to be able to draw a straight line to learn how to use different mediums, understand perspective and be able to use it, and so on. :-)

Art With a Purpose is inexpensive and not at all fancy, but it does teach all those artsy things. You could buy one ArtPac for each child, and one of each for you (so you can do the projects before helping your dc do them), and see how it goes. You can find Art With a Purpose at Rainbow Resource, Shekinah Curriculum Cellar, and other suppliers.

:iagree:

And I like Augsburg Drawing. I adore the crayon "paintings". I have since upgraded to this set of Stockmar Crayons, for the "paintings".

And I love Draw Write Now, especially 7 and 8 for the map drawing, and all the books for the backgrounds.

Take a look at the Teach Art at Home website. I've used The Phonics of Drawing with my 5yo and he did fine with it. You can get the Masterpiece Collection CD and fulfill the needs of all of your dc for years.

Edited by 5LittleMonkeys