Menu

New RightStart Money Games Kit

d.g.

Just a heads-up, Right Start has released a new Money Games Kit. It's a small kit: a new Games book, a chapter from the Math Games book, and the money cards.

They had a contest on Facebook, and I won one of these... when it gets here, would anyone be interested in a review and a comparison to the money games/lessons already in RS B/C?

Just a heads-up, Right Start has released a new Money Games Kit. It's a small kit: a new Games book, a chapter from the Math Games book, and the money cards.

They had a contest on Facebook, and I won one of these... when it gets here, would anyone be interested in a review and a comparison to the money games/lessons already in RS B/C?

Yes! Definitely...please do!

• 1 month later...

Sorry it took so long to get back to this thread.

First impression of the Money Games Kit: I'm underwhelmed. Seriously underwhelmed.

It's basically a pretty re-packaging of the money section of the math games book with the laminated coin cards and a few cardstock appendix pages (unlaminated) of number cards. If you already have the games book and cards set, like we do, it's a waste of time.

I still love RightStart as a program, but I'm disappointed in this "new" product. We'll be going back to fake bills/coins and Scholastic's Menu Math to do our money learning/practice.

I don't have a response for the money kit but a lot of things are on sale right now at Right Start Math. . .check it out. The games kit for example is cheaper than what most people sell it for used (and it includes the abacus!).

Just thought people might want to know.