Menu

Why do my lovely teens not embrace my love for planning & preparation?

I mean really. Why does my teen son run around the house looking for his uniform at the precise time he should leave for work? Why does my teen daughter fight me on getting everything ready the night before and then when I let her deal with it on her own I see her 6-page paper on the coffee table after she leaves?

They are loving people with good hearts, but sometimes these issues make me crazy. I know I was a slovenly kid and teen and now I am very organized. Do you think they will outgrow this? Do you think it will be soon? Please?

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, but your post made me laugh. I think I've said those very words, standing in my kitchen.

I know I was a slovenly kid and teen and now I am very organized. Do you think they will outgrow this? Do you think it will be soon? Please?

This, this, this.

I was a disorganized teen, too.

Now I am pretty organized and like to prepare in advance....because I eventually learned my lesson.

It will happen when they have grown up and moved out. :tongue_smilie:

Cat

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, but your post made me laugh. I think I've said those very words, standing in my kitchen.

This, this, this.

I was a disorganized teen, too.

Now I am pretty organized and like to prepare in advance....because I eventually learned my lesson.

It will happen when they have grown up and moved out. :tongue_smilie:

Cat

Oh, good. That makes me feel better.

They need to learn soon, soon, soon. It will make their lives so much better & mine. :D

I too was very disorganized as a teen, and though I am not perfect now, I am much better.

I don't expect perfection. I don't want to be inconvenienced by her lack of planning, and ds is heading off to uni in Sept. It would do this momma's heart some good to know that he was a little more organized. I know that nagging isn't helping. I am hoping that natural consequences will be more effective. :D