Menu

How do your protect your CDs? Scratched Teaching Textbooks! Ugh.

Hi,

I was wondering how everyone is protecting their expensive CD curriculums? My son scratched a Teaching Textbooks CD and I read that it will cost us $15 to replace. Ugh...not what I was hoping for after spending $145 for them new. Is it possible to copy them for use and save the originals? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Wendy

Hi,

I was wondering how everyone is protecting their expensive CD curriculums? My son scratched a Teaching Textbooks CD and I read that it will cost us $15 to replace. Ugh...not what I was hoping for after spending $145 for them new. Is it possible to copy them for use and save the originals? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Wendy

I know there are places you can take it to get the scratches buffed out. I know that Game Stop does it for game cd's (not sure if they can do a full sized cd or not though).

For me, I always make a backup in the computer of things because I KNOW my son is going to destroy them.

Hi,

Thanks,

Wendy

Yeah, I read it costs $15 too. But I am dealing with Teaching Textbooks right now and they are refusing to stand by their policy of replacing my one scratched CD for $15. It seems my CD's I bought only 2.5 yrs ago are outdated. I am being expected to send them $40 PLUS all 4 of the CD's I have before they will replace the product.

They have made it clear that they do not care at all that the $120 I invested in the program is totally and completely useless unless I get that CD replaced. Our computer died and we replaced it so without disc 1 to download the program none of the discs work. We can't even continue our studies. They are trying to selling me on the replacement value of selling it down the road with the updated CD's. Seriously?!?! What I have now is totally useless. My hopes for down the road are not optimistic. I am not remotely impressed. And the guy I'm dealing with in customer service clearly can't even be bothered to read my emails through all the way.