Menu

Want to get Math Mammoth printed & bound this year - where? how?

Where do I start?

My rising 4th grader would like to work within workbooks rather than stapled packets. We are at a point where we refer back to previously done work and all that jazz. Soooooo, I'd rather have it printed and spiral bound in a couple of books. What kind of service am I looking for? How does it work? Do I email them a pdf or take in a thumb drive or.....? I am Very Technically Challenged.

We have a variety of office stores in our area; Office Depot being closest. We have Staples and Kinko's within a reasonable distance.

I don't have experience specifically with Math Mammoth, but I have had other items bound at FedEx Office and I would assume that other places would have similar options. You should be able to email or bring it in on a flash drive, but you might be limited to one of these options depending on the file size. If you can fit the file onto a flash drive, then I would recommend bringing it into the store with you so that you can see what options are available with binding. You could save a lot of money with printing the pages yourself though and just bringing in the pages to be bound. I'm not sure about the other places, but I think that FedEx Office charges about $0.10/page, which can add up fast. They will need to know how you want it broken up (i.e. do you want all of the pages in one book or multiple books). They will need to know what you want to use as covers (front & back) for each of the books. If you have the option of printing the pages yourself, then I would also print/make your own front cover and print it on card stock and provide a blank card stock page for each book that you want to be bound. You'll need to know what type of binding you want. I have used the spiral bound and love them.

All of that being said, have you considered buying your own binding machine? I don't know how many pages are in Math Mammoth, but I'm just throwing this out as something to consider. I'm in the process of ordering a ProClick P50 binding machine because I love having the spiral bound books, but I don't want to have to keep paying FedEx Office to do it for me.

HTH.

$80 laser printer with autoduplex is my friend. :D And I have a Proclick, but taking it to be bound at Staples or something would be relatively cheap (a few dollars). Having them print it may not be. My friend (living one, not the printer ;) ) had them print EVERYTHING for grade 3 (including tests, reviews, etc.), and it was about $50! :001_huh: That was for color printing.

Seems like I looked at mimeo.com a while back, and it looked like good pricing for black and white. Not as cheap as printing it yourself with a laser, of course, but still reasonable.

$80 laser printer with autoduplex is my friend. :D And I have a Proclick, but taking it to be bound at Staples or something would be relatively cheap (a few dollars). Having them print it may not be.

:iagree: I'd print it at home and take it to Staples (or someplace similar) for binding.