Menu

Geometry Program Before Going Back to School

Guest ajc91

Guest ajc91

Hi everyone,

I was home schooled all the way through high school which had some great benefits, which had some great benefits, but unfortunately I got way behind in math. It's not that I struggle with the subject, there was just a time in my family's life that was pretty crazy and I didn't have the books or the instruction while I was younger, then through high school I played catch up the whole time. I'm now 20 years old and I've been working full time since I graduated.

Recently I decided to go back to school. I started just taking college algebra and keeping my job so I'd have time to focus on that class. I did well and I'm planning on taking some higher level math classes in the fall semester, but I have not covered geometry in depth at this point and friends who are about to graduate from college have told me that would be helpful. My question is, I'm looking for a geometry curriculum that I can work through this summer before the fall semester starts. I'm looking for something with plenty of solutions and preferably a computer program that will give instructions on how to solve problems, should I run into something I don't fully understand. I've read good things about Teaching Text Books and Chalk Dust. Any suggestions on something that will fulfill my needs?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Khan academy it is online and free!!!

We also really enjoy life of Fred. It doesn't meet your computer criteria. But it might be a very fun way to learn geometry over the summer. You can contact author with questions -- we have never needed to.