Menu

Anyone own a satellite radio? Do you like it?...

in the car which is great for long car rides. We have a boom box and the stereo adapter. Our favorite channel is Old Time Radio Classics. DS 9 likes listening to Jack Benny, Father Knows Best, Lone Rangers.. I also listen Dr. Laura in the afternoon, (they took her off our local radio station) and to Fox News in the AM and PM, Because we don't have cable, it's strange to go to a place that has cable TV and see the people on "Fox and Friends", Bill Riley and Hannity & Colmes",

If I am feeling nostaligic, I listen to the 70's or 80's channel. the old Casey Kasem show on Saturdays (for those who know his radio countdown). The jazz station is nice too as well as the Christian radio station and Blue Grass.

XM has 2 kids radio station which we don't listen to that much.

After swearing up and down that we wouldn't pay for radio, we got XM several years ago. We were driving truck then and it really was worth it. My husband still drives the truck, and making sure he has XM radio is one of my "jobs." He'd go nuts without it.

Here at home, though, I don't have it. He keeps asking me if I want to get it -- I think so he can listen to his regular shows at home. But I don't need it here.

We never had any problems with it, except on those rare occasions when the weather was so bad it interfered with the signal, and those times were few and very far between. I can't think of any "cons." :-)

I have had XM in the car since 2002 and I have absolutely NO regrets. However, I do spend a huge amount of time in the car and abhor commercials, so it's well worth it for me. I think the only con would be if you only enjoyed one style of music, then it would just be a few channels to choose from. With free internet radio channels by the hundreds, I have no need for it in the home.

DirecTV has XM music channels, so if you have DirecTv and didnt know that, you can preview! They do not have all of the channels, though, just some of them.