Menu

Trying to find an iron on product - crafty people help!

I'm trying to create something for my daughter (who is non-verbal). She communicates by putting words together. She carries a book with words velcroed into it to help her. I'd like her to be able to go places without her book so her hands are free (for example - grocery store, playground, movies). Her key words at places like that would 'bathroom' 'snack' 'drink', etc.

I'd like to make a cloth pouch (which I can do) that would fold out and she would have words velcroed on there that she could remove.

What I WANT to do is have her velcro words actually be on cloth, but I'm not interested in hand embroidering every word she will need. Is there an iron on material that I could use in my printer and then either iron onto the fabric OR (preferably) iron directly onto cloth velcro?

Any suggestions?

Yes, they have iron on printable stuff. It's with the photo paper, printable cards, etc at Staples.

Behold

I have also seen these things at craft stores too. That is a really great idea by the way. My son is verbal now but years ago he wasn't this would have been a great thing to have. You may even wanna check out that etsy place to see them after you have made them, I bet alot of parents would like this. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion. :) If they turn out as great as I imagine, I'll do that.

We've always 'glitzed' up her PECS book (although we didn't do it this year for some reason). I'm trying to make next school year's book look like a purse. She always gets giggly and girly when she's dressed in cute clothes and the clunky black book just isn't stylish. lol