Menu

interactive whiteboards / smartboard ?

Unless they have improved massively over the past year, don't waste your money. They often have issues like not working, freezing, etc. Just like the computers first made for a few years. Our Lakeshore has a newer one then the school systems and it still has a few issues. I would wait a while before investing in one.

My PC is connected to our big screen TV in our classroom. I can run the whiteboard software on my PC and use the big screen as our "monitor." That's how we do most of our group lessons so everyone can see. The kids can't approach the big screen and write/touch it as they would with the interactive screen (I assume). We still do our work with the mouse attached to my PC.

There are free floating mouse and mouse boards that allow you to use a mouse or a stylus like a pen as well. We have one of these but have not used it much. Ours is older and the mouseboard isn't wireless, so it's not convenient to pass from child to child.

Here's a resource site for the whiteboards:

http://www.teacherled.com/