Menu

Looking for music computer program...

stephanie

Ds13 has taken an interest in creating his own music through a computer program that he played online at a friends house. I was wondering if anyone knew of a program that would not have to be used online to create music? I prefer for him to not access online,and I wanted him to be able to do it independently w/o me having to stand over his shoulder to monitor his computer time. BTW, he's already in guitar and does wonderfully! thanks

Well, Music Ace has something kind of like that. I'm not sure how serious of music you mean. Music Ace's still sounds like a cheap keyboard. But you can create compositions with multiple instruments by placing the notes on the staff. My daughter enjoys playing around with it, but I'm not sure it's exactly what you're looking for.

If he is into guitar he may like this one:

http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php.

There is also Audacity, which lets you record yourself, as long as you have a microphone, and Kristal Audio Engine, which has more effects and tracks possible than Audacity. They are both free off the net.

If you have a playstation 2, there are a few composing games for it, though I am not sure of titles.

I found this list by googling sequencers, if he is interested in playing with samples and such:

http://www.sonicspot.com/sequencers.html.

HTH

Well, Music Ace has something kind of like that. I'm not sure how serious of music you mean. Music Ace's still sounds like a cheap keyboard. But you can create compositions with multiple instruments by placing the notes on the staff. My daughter enjoys playing around with it, but I'm not sure it's exactly what you're looking for.

Thanks, Genie! I see you too come over here! You are just so productive!

and I really like the theory taught in the program. Music Ace is set up as lessons and a seperate componant for composing as an extra (doodle pad), but our dc often use it just for doodle pad. I would say that the theory taught has made their music lessons in piano more efficient or (one could say) cost effective since they understand the theory so well they can focus more on mechanics.

Best wishes,

Stephanie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dominoes

Was crazily looking in the search pages for any info regarding the guitar sites which can help me in my learning process, when I was brought here by the search engine I could not understand if this place has anything to do with the instrument so decided to make a search at the forums and here I am with the link of one of the best site I could expect. Hope Guitar pro helps me in my mission, thanks am really happy about this.