Menu

Acne cured thanks to The Hive

Zinc is good for respiratory illness too, so I imagine it works by strengthening the immune system? Still, it's fascinating how quickly it works in most people, isn't it?

Just do not take it on an empty stomach. I vomited like crazy when I did that.

Yep, it worked for me!!!!!! I got through teenager years with perfect skin. Had my first child at age 24, and have had acne ever since. Seems to get worse. Had been to a dermatologist in the past, but seemed to be temporary fix, costly and hated that it was a "unknown substance chemical".

Mine were cystic, I believe. Not sure exactly what that means, but they were big, inflamed, and painful and UGLY (and left scarring even though I never popped them). Had 2-3 at any given time, and a few more at that time of month.

Been taking chelated zinc for about 6 weeks, and haven't had a single thing pop up since the 2nd week! My skin has not been this clear in 13 years!!!! 13 years, I can not believe it!! For a $4.99 bottle of zinc. Wish I would have known this years ago!

Been giving it to my DS13 to as he's had a few pop up here and there.

I am going to give this a try as I too suffer from moderate acne. No amount of dermatologists has helped, and even if it did it was only a temporary fix. Once I go off of it, the acne always comes back!!

The information given is wonderful and I pray my face will turn out clear. I cannot wait for the day I can have a clear face without the help of coverup.;)

That is really interesting, Barb. Thank you for posting. I've also gone back and read the other thread you recommended.

Can you tell me if your daughter's acne was very severe? Was it the cystic acne? This is what my daughter has. She has tried two different types of antibiotics now. It seemed like the first one helped a little, but then it seemed to stop working, and the doctor put her on a second kind, which isn't working at all. The doctor would like to try Accutane and BCP next, but I'm really hesitant to go that direction. She did try no-dairy for one month.

I'd love to try the Zinc, so that's why I'm wondering how severe your daughter's acne was when she first went on it?

My daughter's is severe. She has it on her face, neck, back and even stomach sometimes. We have tried antibiotics and the epiduo that a pp mentioned. No results.

We also tried the Zinc and it did not help. It did upset my daughter's stomach. We stuck with it for about a month but after no results and making her miserable, we quit.

Our only option left is Accutane and BCP. So far we have decided not to pursue that. It seems.... well, extreme. I'm not sure that I'm comfortable with the risk for beauty. My daughter doesn't like her acne but she isn't embarrassed by it. She is confident despite the acne. Perhaps if it had more of an effect on her mental health, I'd be more likely to consider it.