Menu

Understanding Writing

happycc

I bought Understanding Writing used on Amazon and the entire Level two unit is missing. What should I do? I threw away the wrapper that it came with the address of the person I bought it from.

Anyone willing to send me a copy of the level two unit? Please pm me.

Go look in your account information online. You will find all the information that you need there.

Amazon requires it's sellers to be as professional as they are. You are likely to get an immediate refund without having to even send the item back. I don't play around with sellers who require me to send the item back at my expense, before issuing a refund, when the item is defective or not the correct item.

I never have my boxes. My PO box is on the other side of the city from my home. I take everything out of the boxes, and put them in my bag, before carrying them home on the train. Every once in a while a seller has pressured me to buy a box, because I didn't keep the one they sent it in and Amazon quickly puts them in their place, and says that is not required. If the sellers wants the item back, they have to send a prepaid mailer.

I have friends and tutoring students without debit cards. I order a TON of used stuff through Amazon. I've had a lot of defective and wrong items over the past few years. I received a refund for everything, even if Amazon had to give it to me themselves.

I just want my level 2 pages.

Anyways, the seller is requesting for amazon to refund me. Is there anything I need to do on my end? I just want my stinking level two pages so I continue on.....

they said they would send me the missing pages if they find them and they said they have searched everywhere for them. I am not sure if I should just buy another one and scared to buy used again for fear it would have missing parts. What do you do with all your amazon defective books that you bought?

Edited by happycc

I'm missing pages in the BACK of my copy of UW. If they are going to give you a complete refund without sending it back, I would keep it until you at least are sure the next copy has ALL the pages.

I just don't have time to scan a whole section right now, and my level 2 is FULL of notes and quite a mess.

I got a refund on a book this week. That book is trash and is going in the trash. NASTY!

Some books make nice clip art.

What do you do with all your amazon defective books that you bought?

I've bought a lot of books and really only had one that was missing pages. But any books that are beat up or whatever, I request a refund or partial refund. I bought a copy of a book through Alibris that was listed as being like new but was actually falling apart, missing pages, and drawn all over. They refunded me when the seller did not respond. I scouted for another used copy (the book is OOP) and bought that instead. Much happier.

The seller cannot misrepresent the book. You have the right to complain if the item is not as advertised.

I do, however, hesitate to bother with used if new (or one listed in nice comdition through a known reputable store) is only slightly more expensive. I've gotten tired in my old age. Most recently I bought a copy of The Secret Garden, and the seller kept sending me other editions than the one I bought. They finally just refunded me, and I bought a copy with a coupon from Barnes &Noble.

Edited by stripe