Menu

After FLL 4?

jennsmile

What grammar program after FLL4? I am sure it has been asked and answered before but if you could point me in the right direction.

I find I like laid out scripted lessons or I would love something to make my 10 yo boy more independent. He love FLL4 and it is his favorite subject.

Thanks for you help.

PS I got a flyer for The Latin Road to English Grammar should I look at this...really wishing there was FFL5

Well, it's been quite a journey for us, but we are now happily using Rod and Staff. My son also LOVED FLL and grammar is one of his best subjects. We did ALL but that isn't happening so I was stuck.

It wasn't an easy decision to use R&S. We aren't christian and there are parts we skip. But, that is the minority of the book. We do most of it orally, just like FLL. I don't have him do all the questions at all. I might tell him, go to exercise C and let's do half orally. I go through the chapter like that and it takes about the same amount of time as FLL. I do have him diagram on a white board, sometimes I write out sentences and have him underline or label parts. But, all in all not too much writing.

Well, it's been quite a journey for us, but we are now happily using Rod and Staff. My son also LOVED FLL and grammar is one of his best subjects. We did ALL but that isn't happening so I was stuck.

It wasn't an easy decision to use R&S. We aren't christian and there are parts we skip. But, that is the minority of the book. We do most of it orally, just like FLL. I don't have him do all the questions at all. I might tell him, go to exercise C and let's do half orally. I go through the chapter like that and it takes about the same amount of time as FLL. I do have him diagram on a white board, sometimes I write out sentences and have him underline or label parts. But, all in all not too much writing.

Thank you! Your review and how you use it is very helpful. I think I have it narrowed down to R&S or English Language Lessons for the LDS child (it is free.)