Menu

Bravewriter folks: when will we know the 2012-2013 Arrow titles?

CarrieF

I posted a thread earlier today and realized that without the word 'Bravewriter' in the subject line/title, it might now get many hits. :blushing:

Anyway, any of you have any idea when Julie will release the titles? I am trying to plan ahead a little.

Also, IF I were to buy a subscription for 'The Arrow' through HSCB would it give me everything up to this point and finish with May? Or, would it be for next school year? (I guess I could write Julie to ask her . . . just thought I'd see if the Hive could answer before going that route.)

Thank you!

I'm guessing that even Julie doesn't know yet what title's she'll do for the 2012-2013 school year. I'm guessing that it will be a while before she releases the titles.

If you get the full year subscription of The Arrow through HSBC you will get the current 2011-2012 books.

You will get access to the issues that are already completed right away but will have to wait for May's issue

until May.

You can also get back issues through the HSBC and pick the individual titles you want. Just be aware that some of the older issues don't have as much content as the newer issues.

I think the back issues are obviously a better deal anyway. If you're anything like us, then you'll have inevitably read at least a few of the books on any given year's list already. Why not just pick and choose? They're not sequential at all.

I think the back issues are obviously a better deal anyway. If you're anything like us, then you'll have inevitably read at least a few of the books on any given year's list already. Why not just pick and choose? They're not sequential at all.

I "caved" and bought the 5-issue bundle through HSBC. :D I like being able to pick and choose AND had already read a number of the 2011-2012 titles anyway, so it worked out great. Plus, the 5-issue bundle s a GREAT deal!

BTW: Farrar, I read your blog post about BraveWriter - I feel so much the same way. I taught middle and high school English for 7 years before staying home when I had my oldest. While I still adore teaching, I had lost a little of my "fire" over the years of being at home, but reading 'The Writer's Jungle' is rekindling that fire all over again! I am so grateful! Thanks for sharing. :001_smile:

What about her new book that's coming out? (Jot it down?) I got an email today about the secret sale, but the price of the various subscriptions is still higher than buying back issues from the homeschool buyers' coop, right? Anyway I am not sure if I want to buy those, but I would be interested to know more. I have her book in download form. Maybe I should read that. Bleh.

I saw the Jot It Down prototype at a conference (they had it at the table, but it wasn't for sale yet). It looked cool. I guess there's going to be one for each of her stages of writing. It wasn't terribly long - maybe 20 pages total? It was a full year guide to use - things to teach, schedules to use, writing assignments... It seemed like it did what a lot of people want and gave you more of a blueprint of how to use TWJ. But I really just only had time to skim over it...

I don't really understand why I got an email on April 18 saying it would be available the week of April 23 that had samples (including a TOC that shows it's about 65 p long) and said there would be a discount for subscribers, but I've only received emails about her other products.

?