Menu

Major rearranging of furniture last weekend and I am just now recovering.

I have a large master bedroom with attached sitting room. The bedroom is about 16 X 20 and the sitting room 13 X 10. In the bedroom we had our bed, two night tables, an entire wall of books and a file cabinet at the foot of the bed. That left a ridiculous amount of unused floor space. In the sitting room we had two desks, a credenza, a bookshelf, a couch and a tv stand with tv. That left about a 2 X 2 space in the middle of the floor that was invariably filled with two kids, two cats and two dogs. Very crowded and uncomfortable.

So I decided to flip flop the two. I have been planning this since the beginning of the year. I moved the bed, nightstands, and file cabinet to the 13 X 10 space. It fits perfectly with just enough room to walk around the bed and for the dogs to sleep at night. I am considering closing that part off with curtains as well.

Then I moved one desk to the larger space, got rid of the couch and got two recliners, kept the tv stand and tv and the wall of books. The desk is centered where the headboard used to be and the tv is directly opposite it. The two recliners are on either side of the desk facing the tvs and that wall of books is parallel to all of this. This leaves a rather large space in the middle of the floor with plenty of room for kids, cats and dogs now. I am working on some beanbags to keep in the corner for the kids to use when they visit. This is so much more functionable. The only problem I am having is that I usually have my laptop, reading, crocheting and any paperwork I am working on all near my chair. I need some sort of table with storage or a small shelving unit to keep all this in but then I will be good.

I still need to paint, hang curtains and lights over the chairs but that will be another weekend project. I had cleaned both closets and the attic of the master bath before starting but a lot of stuff got shuffled in there during the project so now I need to clean them out again. Also the credenza is along the wall in the hallway and is quickly accumulating stuff so that needs to go soon. The downstairs is a wreck but once again, another project. I am making progress though which I haven't done in awhile so I am feeling pretty good about it. Hopefully the rest of the work won't require so much moving of furniture because that really laid me up for awhile. I am enjoying my new space.

Wow!! That sounds awesome :)

Thanks. I have been watching Clean House and wishing they could come to my house. SO then I started thinking about what I would want them to do and figured out that I could do most of it myself It would just take longer (due to both money and energy) but I got started and and am enjoying the whole process and love my new spaces. i can't wait to be done with the whole house.