Menu

SL supplements: Handle on the Arts or Core Tips?

ByGrace3

Or both?

I was planning to get both. I already have this list so far. I am not done but working on it. I also plan to add in more picture books to coordinate with the history, mostly for ds to tag along. I will put both on my blog when I am done.

I think I am still planning to get Handle on the Arts but am thinking the core tips won't be very useful from what I have read? I heard it was a list of links, many that didn't work. Is this true? or are the links worth it/ is it much more than I already have? Is Handle on the Arts worth it?

Now before I get any flames, :leaving: I am not planning on doing it all, and I am not even concerned with getting through the core in a year. Honestly, 24 weeks of SL core C get you to the end of SOTW 2-- that is my primary goal for next year. :tongue_smilie:

However, my super hands on dd AND ds would revolt without this component.

So, Handle on the Arts, core tips, what I have? What is the best combination here?

Anyone know of any sites that has notebooking pages for Core C? I know I have a lot of what is covered, just wondering if there is core C specific notebooking out there. We have really enjoyed notebooking this year, but we have mostly done a big box on top for dd to draw a pic and lines at the bottom for writing the narration. I can certainly do that relatively easily myself, but I love pretty pages, and I never want to reinvent the wheel when I don't have to. :D

Wow, your list looks great! We'll be doing Core C too. I bought the Handle on the Arts for B for this past year, and we did some of the projects, but I'm not going to buy one for Core C. To buy the supplies I didn't have (and weren't readily available in my area) was kind of expensive. I also bought the history pockets, but found them to be kind of busy work. I found doing some of the things from the Core Tips CD and just the regularly scheduled Sonlight stuff to be enough for us. I guess my son's need for hands on wasn't as high as I thought it'd be. The Hands and Hearts stuff looks good, too, and I think it might come with the supplies you need. I think it just depends on how much hands on stuff your kids need.

Thanks. As far as dd's needs for hands on, it can be pretty simple. She loves coloring, gluing, painting, anything! She is crafty. She enjoys coloring notebooking pages, will love making a castle, the paper dolls will be a huge hit. I think I have "enough" I just don't want to miss anything fabulous in the core tips or Handle on the Arts. Needing a bunch of supplies was a concern. Dh is pretty good about getting supplies for me . . . when I remember to ask for them! :tongue_smilie: but mostly, dd and ds are content with cut and paste type things. . .

We like Handle on the Arts, but we used it for P4/5, I am not sure about other years.

My children are very hands on and crafty, and HOtA worked great with them.

I downloaded your list :001_wub: Hope you don't mind. I've been looking for Middle Ages Resources and your list is wonderful.

Hopefully some others can confide more detail about the core tips

I bought the Core tips for B and D for this year. They are mostly a set of links to coloring pages, videos, extra activities, etc., with a little encouraging paragraph to go along with each week. I haven't found any broken links, but then again, I almost never used the links.

I'm not planning to buy future Core tips..I thought it would be fun, but it's hard for me to fit any extra stuff into our routine and so the tips just ended up making me feel guilty!

We like Handle on the Arts, but we used it for P4/5, I am not sure about other years.

My children are very hands on and crafty, and HOtA worked great with them.

I downloaded your list :001_wub: Hope you don't mind. I've been looking for Middle Ages Resources and your list is wonderful.

Hopefully some others can confide more detail about the core tips

Thanks, don't mind at all. I plan to add it to my blog when it is finished. :)