Menu

Pottermore tips

Some of this is quite tricky! There are collectibles in some of the places, but they are really small and hard to find. I was looking for a master list online and found a tip that said not to collect anything until after being sorted because you get house points for getting collectibles. Anything you pick up before being sorted doesn't count.

I'm still trying to find out if there really is a penalty for not brewing a potion correctly. I've messed up the forgetfulness several times just on the first step and I have not had points taken away. Does anyone know if there is a point penalty after failing at a potion at the end?

I've messed up quite a few potions, but I haven't noticed points being taken away. I did blow up a cauldron, and had to buy a new one. (Seamus, anyone?)

I think the hardest thing to get is the spells. They don't really explain it well.

You have to click on the first letter, then click on it again when the circle around it gets big, then follow the light to the next letter, click on it when the light gets to it, then click on it again when the circle gets big- and so on and so forth. It moves very quickly.

I flat-out went to YouTube to find helpful videos from Beta Testers on how to cast spells and do potions! The explanation at Pottermore were not aimed at old Muggles like me!

But then, I am a Hufflepuff - I suppose a Ravenclaw would have figured out what to do, a Slytherin would have cheated.... ;-)

I flat-out went to YouTube to find helpful videos from Beta Testers on how to cast spells and do potions! The explanation at Pottermore were not aimed at old Muggles like me!

But then, I am a Hufflepuff - I suppose a Ravenclaw would have figured out what to do, a Slytherin would have cheated.... ;-)

Well you did cheat.....

I must be more used to video games because I didn't get trouble at all.sure I didn't get it on the first try but it wasn't much of a challenge. I thought Leisure Suit Larry and Kings Quest were much harder

Well you did cheat.....

I must be more used to video games because I didn't get trouble at all.sure I didn't get it on the first try but it wasn't much of a challenge. I thought Leisure Suit Larry and Kings Quest were much harder

Well, I won't be challenging you! :D

I lost a wizard's duel to JFS in IL, but I practiced more and I think I've got the hang of it. It's just hard for me to follow that beam of light to the next letter. I'm on a laptop and I don't think I can move as quickly as if I had a mouse. I've challenged Aunty Social. We'll see! :tongue_smilie: