Menu

Does anyone buy the Omnibus teacher editions to study from but not as a course?

I feel like I need more for our Great Books study than I can cobble together from Invitation to the Classics, Progeny Press, and Sparknotes.

Or do I?

I don't have the ability to look through the Omnibus volumes in person anymore. I decided several years ago not to follow the Omnibus path for grades 7-12. But, we are studying several great books per year alongside our 4 year cycle of history for logic/rhetoric ages.

I would use the intro to the works I choose to cover and discussion questions. Would it be worth the significant investment, $200, to buy Omnibus 2 and 5 for next year?

Edited by LNC

I would love to get just the teachers guide Cd. Is it possible? I thought you had to get the bundle and the book is fat. I refuse to haul it back to the UK on my annual trip. Since it would just be a rather expensive extra. I would love just the Cd. I know I am no help but :bigear:

I would love to get just the teachers guide Cd. Is it possible? I thought you had to get the bundle and the book is fat. I refuse to haul it back to the UK on my annual trip. Since it would just be a rather expensive extra. I would love just the Cd. I know I am no help but :bigear:

No. There is someplace you can buy just the CD, but you have to promise that you have the book first. I bought one when I accidentally ordered just the student book one time. They don't sell the CD as a stand-alone product.

OP, I do use the Omnibus in this way each year. It is worth it to me, and it's still cheaper than buying something like TOG. I use the Omnibus books, Invitation to the Classics, and relevant Peter Leithart books, WEM, and any available study guides for the individual works.