Menu

Resurrection Cookies

I am have some in the oven now - for the first time. I am planning on bringing them to the family with whom we are eating Easter Supper.

I really don't know why I feel compelled to try new things when I am bringing it to someone else's house! :glare: Can you tell me they are going to come out okay? The weird thing I have to turn the oven off now, leave them in there overnight and tomorrow morning they are supposed to be done.

If done right, they are hollow because the tomb is empty...

Mine didn't work because I couldn't get the whites to stiff peak stage, but they are really easy cookies otherwise, and they taste great! Make sure you leave them in about 8 hours. Keep them in an airtight container if you can, so the meringues don't get weepy or chewy. :001_smile:

I should have checked all the threads first before launching this one! I just read over your thread. I had no problems getting the stiff peaks - I used the Kitchenaid on highest speed. A cold bowl and cold beaters help sometimes.

I suppose I'll see what happens in the morning. At least I know for sure HE has risen! :001_smile:

I should have checked all the threads first before launching this one! I just read over your thread. I had no problems getting the stiff peaks - I used the Kitchenaid on highest speed. A cold bowl and cold beaters help sometimes.

I suppose I'll see what happens in the morning. At least I know for sure HE has risen! :001_smile:

Yay!! I hope they turn out awesome, and, "He is risen indeed!!" :)