Menu

Anyone been to the Creation Musuem in Kentucky??? What ages were your kids?

Leanna76

Hi! We are planning a short trip to visit the Creation Musuem in Kentucky. I've recently been wondering if my 7 year old is too young to appreciate the exhibits. If you've been and liked it, what ages were your kids and did they like/enjoy it? It sounds amazing and we are excited to go, but wondering if our daughter will enjoy it. Thank you!

I went 3 years ago... so they were 13, 10, 7. When I went I came away describing it as: The museum is not a children's museum, but they are "family friendly" and we enjoyed it.

We needed a long day trip that day. it was a weird time in our lives... selling a house and daddy was already moved... and we had never been and would probably never get back up that way...

I liked it.

13 y.o enjoyed it all. She's the type who enjoys museums and reads everything and likes to take it slow...

10 y.o - enjoyed the trip and loved the outdoors exhibit and petting zoo and walking around outside on the bridges and gardens. she also liked sitting in the astronomy exhibit, but the films were above her head... literally too. ;) but content wise... too

7. yo... walked around and was a good kid and enjoyed the food.

overall, I was disappointed that there wasn't more for the children to do hands on. And more in dinosaurs. I had the expectation that it would be more on that. We spent the whole day there. enjoyed it.

In retrospect, I was glad we didn't go when the family was much younger. It was the right ages for us.

-crystal