Menu

CW Aesop A-how much to skip

melmichigan

My DD's are working with CW Aesop now after finishing up IEW PAL Writing Part 3 (8 weeks of key word outlines of a basic paragraph). I am just using the Core books for skills covered in Aesop A. What can you safely skip before moving on to skills addressed in B? Right off the bat they are doing fine, Day 2 is skill level 3, Day 3 we are beginning to work with quotes and utterance words(one already adds quotes to her retelling) which is skill level 3 and grammar except for conjunctions and interjections, Day 4 is copywork/dictation which isn't a problem (they do WWE). I don't want to waste time but don't want to rush them if more time is needed.

Edited by melmichigan

If I recall correctly, it's been awhile, strong narration skills, noun and verb copia, utterance words and quotes, rearranging the utterance words (write the sentence with the utterance words at the beginning, the end, and in the middle), sentence types, rewriting sentences in the other three types, and subject/predicate identification.

The more important thing to keep in mind is when they'll enter Homer, IMO. The workload ramps up. A fifth grader ought to do okay, but an average fourth grader would probably feel swamped.

If I recall correctly, it's been awhile, strong narration skills, noun and verb copia, utterance words and quotes, rearranging the utterance words (write the sentence with the utterance words at the beginning, the end, and in the middle), sentence types, rewriting sentences in the other three types, and subject/predicate identification.

The more important thing to keep in mind is when they'll enter Homer, IMO. The workload ramps up. A fifth grader ought to do okay, but an average fourth grader would probably feel swamped.

I don't want them to get into Homer before 5th, that is for sure. If they get all the skills down before then we will just use other writing materials, we mix it up anyway throughout the year since they write 40+ weeks a year.