Menu

Is there a Human Anatomy Curriculum that I could do with a 9th, 7th & 6th grader?

The co-op is offering Chemistry and they rotate Chemistry and Biology, so I'd rather have dd wait and take Biology in 10th and Chemistry in 11th. I was wondering what direction to go in and it's been a while (when the kids were younger that we did Human Anatomy) So I was thinking of doing it this next year. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Phlox

Sorry- this got away from me...

Exploring Creation with Anatomy and Physiology (Fulbright).

Check out the sample pages at CBD. Our science teacher has chosen this for her 6th grade curriculum next year. She says it is very thorough and offers great prep for her upper school A&P class.

There is also an excellent notebook that goes along with the text.

Edited by Janie

Sorry- this got away from me...

Exploring Creation with Anatomy and Physiology (Fulbright).

Check out the sample pages at CBD. Our science teacher has chosen this for her 6th grade curriculum next year. She says it is very thorough and offers great prep for her upper school A&P class.

There is also an excellent notebook that goes along with the text.

:iagree:Yes, I recommend it too, wholelheartedly! This one is by far my favorite of Apologia's elementary texts and the only one I'd use without a tremendous amount of supplementation for a high school student.

I third the idea. That text is wrongly labeled for 2n-6th. It is a junior high/ 9th grade health text. I would add a CPR/First Aid class. You could visit a drug rehab or have a drug counselor come talk. Visit a doctor's office ( we visited a blood bank and an orthopaedic surgeon) Easily high school credit!!! To me, it was much better than the Total Health book I am currently using.

This is what I'm planning on doing next year with an 8th grader & an 11th grader for a Health credit. I also like the idea of the drug rehab or drug counselor and visiting a doctor's office and/or blood bank. I

:iagree:Yes, I recommend it too, wholelheartedly! This one is by far my favorite of Apologia's elementary texts and the only one I'd use without a tremendous amount of supplementation for a high school student.

I third the idea. That text is wrongly labeled for 2n-6th. It is a junior high/ 9th grade health text. I would add a CPR/First Aid class. You could visit a drug rehab or have a drug counselor come talk. Visit a doctor's office ( we visited a blood bank and an orthopaedic surgeon) Easily high school credit!!! To me, it was much better than the Total Health book I am currently using.

Did you stretch this out over the whole year for 1 credit or finish it in 1 semester for 1/2 credit? I had no idea it had enough depth, but I love the idea about cpr/1st aid, dr's office, etc. combined with it.

Thanks,

Jennifer