Menu

Anyone start BJU Math later?

Donna A.

We started at the sixth grade book for one dd, (from A Beka) and the seventh grade book (from Saxon) for the other dd. They transitioned just fine!

Angela, do you plan to stick with BJU math from now on?

(Btw, I was just looking at your blog and am really enjoying it!)

Awww, thanks.

I am using BJU for my youngest now who is going into first. I plan to use it until it is time for algebra, as I am doing with oldest dd. She will start Foerster's Algebra next year, after BJU 7 and some Pre-Algebra this year. Next dd will do the same (Foerster's after BJU 7) the year after that. I wish I had just used BJU all along for both of the older dc!

Sure! I am planning curriculum today for co-op, so it is my morning to be online too much.

I was infuenced toward Foerster's at the High School board here, actually. I was planning to use Jacob's, as Veritas Press does, but then I saw so many good reviews for Foerster's. I ordered an old used copy of both from abebooks.com, and I really like it better than Jacob's. I am two-thirds of the way through it myself (creating a teacher manual for next year,) and I really find it effective.

It doesn't hurt that my entire algebra program cost me about $5.00 including shipping! I had put the whole Jacob's set from Veritas on the budget I gave dh, so I have some more money for other things next year. :D