Menu

picture storage online?

OKAY, solved....dumb rambling on post 6 if you want the weird things I think about as an adoptive mother.....

I want to share a huge number of pictures online, but it has to be private as we are not allowed to publicly share pictures of the children at this time (not until adoption is finalized). However, online would be the easiest way to share this number of pics with the CASA, our agency worker, etc.

I usually use flickr, but they don't allow the privacy setting I would like. I guess a password would be the easiest way. Or you can only get there if you have the specific link?

Any idea which is best? And of course safe?

Thanks,

Edited by 2J5M9K

You could sign up for a free Dropbox account, which allows you to share "folders" privately with friends, etc. My husband and I have both used and it's definitely safe. I believe the free version is 2 GB. Here is an excerpt from their site:

"Dropbox makes sharing so easy that you'll be amazed at the things you can do. Invite your friends, family and teammates to any folder in your Dropbox, and it'll be as if you saved that folder straight to their computers. You can send people links to specific files in your Dropbox too. This makes Dropbox perfect for team projects, sharing party photos with friends, or recording your band's new album."

https://www.dropbox.com/tour/3

I have been really happy with smugmug. It is a little more than I would like to pay at $40 for the year but I LOVE their privacy settings. You can share some pictures with everyone and others have completely hidden unless you have a direct link to the gallery and a password.

It's so easy to upload large amounts of pictures to their site also. I uploaded about 500 pictures from a disney trip easily in one evening without much work on my part.

Thanks y'all...I think I got it. I hope....

Now I'm trying to decide whether to send the whole link or just individual pics to CASA. I know she passes them on to the biological grandmother (which I don't have an issue with) who then shows the biological parents (which I have a little more issue with). I don't know why I have such trouble with this. We are willing to send biological parents pics and a letter yearly. And we said we'd treat grandma as grandma, inviting her into our family as long as it remained safe. Additionally, the biological parents know where we live and that hasn't been an issue. I guess it's just that *I* want to be in control of what pics they have. And I want them not to be able to post them online (though :) if you read my blog post this morning, you'll see how silly THAT may be also)...which I can't control until after adoption.

Okay, sorry to ramble.

I have been really happy with smugmug. It is a little more than I would like to pay at $40 for the year but I LOVE their privacy settings. You can share some pictures with everyone and others have completely hidden unless you have a direct link to the gallery and a password.

It's so easy to upload large amounts of pictures to their site also. I uploaded about 500 pictures from a disney trip easily in one evening without much work on my part.

:iagree: And our church also uses smugmug for things like the father/daughter dance.