Menu

WWYD? Writing Questions??

Next year I have these options for 8th grade. I just can NOT make up my mind.

Option #1

My 8th grader has the option of taking Writeshop 1 with an enrichment class that is being taught by a professional teacher. He will have the options of completing this class with a peer group and have a professional give feedback.

**side note** I already have the writeshop curricula :)

Option #2

I had planned on using WWS and Killgallon at home with him. This was my plan but I just keep wondering if writeshop would be better!

So, what are your thoughts? I had thought I would keep him home and just do option 2 next year. But, I have this nagging in my head that I just can't let go about this other class. He has taken Lit/grammar with this teacher this year. It's been a very interesting experience to see him work for someone else. It's been good. She is tough, and I really admire and respect her. But, it's not been perfect. (no surprise) Its been a lot of work for me and the other kids. But, at the end of the day, I want to do the best thing for him.

Another thing, if he did take the class, I would still do Killgallon at home with him. I just love that program! :)

Ok....so please let me know what your thoughts are. Which option and why? I'm just at this place where I need more feedback. I can't seem to decide on this.

Thanks so much!

We're using Writeshop I this year and enjoying it very much. IMO if you like the teacher, the opportunity for feedback would be invaluable.

:iagree:

Option 1

I haven't used Writeshop, but we did use WWS this year. I'd go with the class if the class schedule works for you and you like the teacher.