Menu

Online writing courses?

Ds will be in 10th grade next year, and I'd like him to take an online course in formal academic writing. Because we use TOG, I'm considering using the Lampstand Learning Center, so that his writing assignments will be related to the books that he'll be reading for History and Literature.

I am not, however completely sold on this idea because I have no knowledge of the instructor, and there is only one section, and the timing of it could make us late for another commitment.

Do any of you have recommendations for specific teachers/courses/online academies?

Thank you! :)

Two of my daughters have done ninth grade writing courses through writeathome.com. I was pleased with the interaction, and it can be done on one's own schedule (I steer away from online classes with specific meet times, as it does not work with our somewhat unpredictable schedule.)

Two of my daughters have done ninth grade writing courses through writeathome.com. I was pleased with the interaction, and it can be done on one's own schedule (I steer away from online classes with specific meet times, as it does not work with our somewhat unpredictable schedule.)

We have also been very happy with Write at Home. My daughters have taken several classes from them. They have done year long composition classes, research paper workshops, SAT essay prep class, etc. I also like that they can be done at our convenience.

They also have a pay by the paper option for people who already have assignments. That could be an option for you since you are using TOG. You can pay them to evaluate the papers.

Good luck,

Elise in NC