Menu

Mental math Problems

KrissiK

For reasons that have nothing to do with my son's ability to do Singapore Math (in fact he thrives with it), but rather my own sanity, the education of our other children, my relationship with said son, etc. etc. etc. I am switching him to Teaching Textbooks next year. However, I was wondering if there is a website, book, etc. that has the Singapore Math mental math problems. I'd like to keep that up with him, but I'm so tired of battling him every. single. day. to do his work. He loves computer stuff, and since I'm putting his little brother in TT (because it would suit him perfectly) and if he saw little brother doing TT he would throw a huge stinkin' fit (why can't I do that math? and I just don't feel like fighting that battle, too!) and I need something that I can say, "Go do your math" with him because DD is coming up into 1st grade and I will have to spend more time with her than I did this year.... I'm switching. I've talked this over with DH and we really need to look at this child holistically rather than just educationally. Anyhow, sorry for my need to justify a decision that I hate making.... but... I really just needed to do that.

Anyhow, does anyone know of a book with SIngapore Math mental math problems? Just the problems?

Singapore has a workbook called Mental Math. It starts at level 1 for 2nd grade.

Rainbow Resource sells it. Here is a link to Level 1. (I don't know who else sells these.)

http://rainbowresource.com/product/sku/049614/8abeddc57acec6a1a5a8da65

I use these to supplement my math program. Each page explains a mental math strategy and then has the child do practice problems. Once is a while there is a review page.