Menu

EIW ?'s Please help :)

I am at my wits end with trying to find the perfect match up for LA. I got FLL2 for my younger daughter and LOVE it! But I am not as excited about WWE. I don't really agree with the philosophy whole heartedly. So I may or may not use it for 2nd ONLY.

We've been using BJU english for our oldeest because I like the writing instruction in it but am only moderately satisfied with the grammar. It is important to me that my child gets to do creative writing and learn it well because he naturally loves to write. I have been looking at writing programs and am very interested in hearing more about EIW.

How much per year do you have to spend on it?

Is it really as good as it sounds?

Does it pair nicely with certain grammar programs? What do you use with it?

From what I have ddescribed do you think it would be a good fit for us?

Really anything you can tell me about this program would be greatly appreciated!

You mean IEW right? Institue for Excellence in Writing? We are going to start this next year, as I just purchased it and will spend next week watching the TWSS. We may start gently through the rest of this year. I agree with the WWE. I feel IEW fills in the gaps that I think WWE books don't have. I DO however, like FLL. I would not do this more than one year, because they get boring, but DS has done very well this 2nd grade year in FLL3 which we are almost finished with. I am confident he can handle a more independent grammar next year, which will allow for me to spend more time teaching writing. We plan to use easy Grammar.

So, while I cannot give you a personal success story (yet), I have seen first hand enough children thrive on the curriculum. And the parents like teaching it.

ETA: As far as cost, I bought the combo with SWI-A pack for 249. And if EIW is something else entirely than ignore this post LOL

I am so confused. I think it is the same thing right? Excellence in writing or Institute for excellence in writing? I am loving the looks of it. Do you think it would go well with FLL?

This is usually referred to as IEW, the Institute for Excellence in Writing.

http://www.excellenceinwriting.com/catalog

Is that what you mean? I could easily see how it could also be abbreviated EIW, but yikes, I'm confusing myself now lol

The PP is talking about Essentials in Writing which I have not heard of yet.