Menu

LCC'ers, would you please give me your thoughts on

mama25angels

this plan for my 4th grade ds. I've read the books several times, but i'm thinking of really taking the plunge next year. We've don't MFW Adventures this year.

4th grade:

Singapore 3B/4A

CW Aesop

New American Cursive (he's had none)

LC1 or Getting Started w/Latin or ISpeakLating (which would you choose?)

Geography:

The new MP book if I can swing it or Map Trek

History:

Pharaoh's of Ancient Egypt

FMOG

FMOR

Literature:

Tales of Ancient Egypt

D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths

In Search of a Homeland

Bible:

Christian Studies 1 (should I get the workbook?)

Science:

Exploring the World of Physics w/physics kit

I figure I could use the other books that we have as free reading and read alouds.

Here's my future K'ers plan:

OPGTTR

Essentials Math K

SSL

NAC

listening in with his brother and picture books. I'm also thinking of adding FF1/2 or at least the CD.

Does anyone know if I "need" the books to teach NAC or will the startwrite CD be enough?

Thanks!

Edited by mama25angels

That looks great.

I would use I Speak Latin if this is his first Latin experience. It gets higher friendliness and relevance points.

Thank you so much! He's used Song School Latin this year, because I wanted a really gentle approach for him. Do you think I should still use I Speak Latin?

Thank you so much! He's used Song School Latin this year, because I wanted a really gentle approach for him. Do you think I should still use I Speak Latin?

Hmmm... If you think he still needs a gentle program, yes, I still prefer it of those choices. But if he's had SSL, and he's nine or ten years old? Then I might jump right into Lively Latin, Latin Prep, or Latin for Children.

I think it looks great!! I agree that for his age you might want to look at Lively Latin or Latin for Children. I've never used MP's Latin programs so I can't make recommendations there. The samples of First Form look good but a bit much for the 4th grade.

Another thing to consider if you want it planned out for you is that Memoria Press has schedules now. You don't have to buy their whole package. I haven't used them but they look interesting.

Heather

this plan for my 4th grade ds. I've read the books several times, but i'm thinking of really taking the plunge next year. We've don't MFW Adventures this year.

4th grade:

Singapore 3B/4A

CW Aesop

New American Cursive (he's had none)

LC1 or Getting Started w/Latin or ISpeakLating (which would you choose?)

Geography:

The new MP book if I can swing it or Map Trek

History:

Pharaoh's of Ancient Egypt

FMOG

FMOR

Do you mean to do both Famous Men books? I would just choose one. It will be plenty; especially if you use one of the Memoria guides with it.

Literature:

Tales of Ancient Egypt

D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths

In Search of a Homeland

Bible:

Christian Studies 1 (should I get the workbook?) We are using the just the teacher's guide (to save costs) and going over most of the questions orally. I do write out some of the things on the white board and they copy into their notebooks. Many of their workbooks don't provide the space *my* boys need to write neatly.

Science:

Exploring the World of Physics w/physics kit

I figure I could use the other books that we have as free reading and read alouds.

Here's my future K'ers plan:

OPGTTR

Essentials Math K

SSL

NAC

listening in with his brother and picture books. I'm also thinking of adding FF1/2 or at least the CD.

Does anyone know if I "need" the books to teach NAC or will the startwrite CD be enough?

Thanks!

It sounds good...my comments in blue above.