Menu

Enjoying the Sound of Ecclesiastical Pronunciation

Hunter

After a long break, I'm wanting to tackle some Latin. I'm thinking of switching to the Ecclesiastical pronunciation. In the past I was preparing my son for college Latin, so the choice was pretty much made for us. But now for my own self study, and the tutoring student that I want to do Latin with is quite religious, I think I want to go Ecclesiastical.

Who has made the switch later in life? Are you taking advantage of music and chants?

I'm thinking of buying Latina Angelica. Are there any other easy musical resources, especially free online ones, that I might enjoy now?

What I think is funny is that all three of the people I know, who were classically educated in other countries, learned ecclesiastical pronunciation. (One from France, one Italy and one Spain) Not one of them had learned "classical".... My mom's nurse who was from Italy laughed when she heard of the classical versus ecclesiastical... So... not sure, but I thought that was funny :)